Every 3 weeks to a month we go for a long walk with family freinds. We try not to talk about the same things, try to pick up where we left off and expect stories to have moved on in some shape or another. And being December I ask about New Year’s Resolutions because I think you need to be giving some of them a shot before the New Year if you are to have any chance of following them through from day one. The idea is that you have five resolutions which cover between them, something spirital, something creative, something intellectual, something sporty, and a hobby that pays. It’s handy being give, but when I mentioned this again we came up with a sixth – something social.
This is the idea for 2021:
1) The Spiritual > for me this is the Green Party which I feel is more of a movement than a political party.
2) The Intellectual > which has to be education given my renewed passion for learning how we learn.
3) The Sporty/Fitness one > where walking the dog and standing at my desk is not enough. I’d like to have skiing and sailing in here but do so little of either and not preparation either that they don’t count. I need ‘a little and often’ such as the TV Yoga that eveyone at home currentl does for 20 minutes or so each day.
4) The Hobby that pays for itself > which must be the digital and social editor role at The Western Front Association. I am paid an ‘honorarium’ so counting hours done per week or month is faily meaningless and diminishes my contribution to hours clocked up. I do more hours and am far, far quicker at doing everything which is how I can put out 100 Tweets a month and have 10 article, 10 book reviews and more besirdes added to the website.
5) The Creative > for me this has to be life drawing. I’d like to pick up the guitar and sing/play but just don’t no matter that the guitar is sitting there longing me to do something. I don’t feel I’m in the space conducive to it anymore.
6) The Social > its a walk for now, and sometimes the swimming and sailing clubs, also ‘Rendez Vous a Lewes’ where we meet to speak French, but I’d like it to be having friends over for a meal.